Image Courtesy – TAOC
Previously Related Article – The Art Of Cricket 0.1 Alpha Release (Best Game I Have Seen So Far)
Yes, you have read it right!! Kartik, one of the game developers of The Art Of Cricket game, have exclusively given an interview to Cricket Games Review blog. There is a lot of talking of this game from the past 4 years.Sometimes it’s positive and sometimes it’s negative but the developers of TAOC have stunned the crowd and made the negative people silent by releasing a brilliant Alpha 0.1 release of this game.
The Alpha 0.1 was release with minimum of gameplay and no AI involved in it. It came with two superb actions of Brett Lee & Shane Warne in bowling and the batting style of Sachin Tendulkar was perfectly animated and modeled into the game.The expectations have rose after the Alpha 0.1 release and the DEV are ready to fulfill those expectations.
Here’s the Question Cricket Games Review Asked
Q1) How has the response been so far for Alpha 0.1?
Fantastic! couldn’t have hoped for better.
we were expecting people to flame us but were quite taken aback with the response.
Q2) Seeing the response has the pressure increased or released for the next upcoming releases?
Bit of both actually. We are immensely happy about finally releasing something so that people can see our potential and finally got that monkey off our back.
But at the same time, theres pressure on us to make sure we UP the quality of the game with every release.
Q3) You stay in India & the other game developer stays in Australia how do you guys manage the time zones and how do you co-ordinate things up?
Through Love letters.
Lol! e-mails obviously. the time zones are not THAT bad to be honest. its only a 5.30 hour difference.
Q4) Alpha 0.2 Announced!! How exciting are you for it’s release of it & completion of the work?
Very Excited! we now know, we are headed in the right direction.
Q5) What are your goals for Alpha 0.2?
– Make the experience more enjoyable
– Less complaints of bugs.
– Not rushing for a release like last time.
Q6) How happy are you to make this progress from Alpha 0.1 to Alpha 0.2 smoothly?
–> As mentioned before, its vital to plan the releases so as to find the right balance between Development time and frequency of releases.
The game Dev’s are really excited and much more focused on this game and have released list of features that are going to be add up for the Alpha 0.2 release. The list were first announced on PlanetCricket website – Leading Cricketing Forums In World
Here are the list of features added up for Alpha 0.2 release.
– Quit : YES or NO dialog box.
– Separate Set of Controls for laptop users.
– Mishits and edges.– Left handed Batsman and bowlers.
– Backfoot defensive and attacking shots.
– Revised Brett Lee Run-up, Action and Follow through.
– Dale Steyn– Zaheer Khan– Harbhajan Singh Animations Added
– Improved Sounds / Audio.
Those features do look promising and it will be great to see the Alpha 0.2 release. Also with many bugs being discovered during the Alpha 0.1 release the TAOC team have fixed good number of those. Here are the list of bugs that have been fixed from the 0.1 release.
– Frame rate issues which alters the physics.
– hitting space after ball delivered re-does the bowler anims and moves him forward – batting stroke played with arrow in rear of wicket direction
– no animation is played and ball flies off in odd direction
– bowling falls short of cursor
– ground friction issues
– some shot paths are almost identical
– Unusable FPS frame drop when free came behind wicket keeper
– length balls bouncing too much.
– batting cursor being displayed too late.
– spinner bowling a flighted delivery, with the pointer just behind the stumps. The batsman just cannot connect because the ball is too high for him.
– Ball travels a little too far even when it hits the pads.
In the end the TAOC developers would like to thank all the Alpha 0.1 testers for their brilliant response and great feedback.
From the Cricket Games Review side good luck to the game developers.
To Discuss More On This Game & Release Click Here